House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Review the applicable laws governing the payment of restitution to victims of crime and the methods in which restitution is collected and disbursed to victims of crime and the Compensation to Victims of Crime Fund.
- Examine the issue of reciprocal discovery in criminal cases.
- Study the current legal protection against criminal prosecution and civil liability for a person who uses force, including deadly force, against a person who unlawfully and with force seeks to enter a residence, dwelling of vehicle.
- Monitor the use of nuisance abatement authority by the city of Dallas and investigate unresolved issues pertaining to allegations of possible civil rights violations that may have been committed under color of law by local government. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on General Investigating and Ethics)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.