House Committee on Public Health - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Examine the selected scope of practice issues related to health professions which maintain the safety of patients through demonstrated competency and education, and balance improved cost efficiency within the health care system.
- Consider the state's role and approach to Medicare Pare D, and evaluate the impact to Texas Medicaid clients.
- Study emerging practices for the prevention of hospital-acquired infections, and develop effective policies for incorporating these best practices into the delivery of health care in Texas.
- Review issues relating to Chapter 166.046 of the Texas Health & Safety Code, and assess if patients and/or their loved ones have a sufficient opportunity to obtain transfer to an alternative facility and subsequent care in end-of-life situations.
- Evaluate the need for regulation of laser hair removal facilities in Texas and the need for certification of individuals performing laser hair removal procedures.
- Examine the compliance of cigarette manufacturing companies with the 1998 Tobacco Settlement with reference to sales to minors and progress toward meeting the state's tobacco use goals, and the cost of tobacco use to the state. (Joint interim charge with the House Committee on State Affairs)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.