House Committee on County Affairs - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 5.
- To examine county ordinance-making authority and its ramifications.
- To classify, investigate, and analyze county law as it presently exists.
- To investigate the various sources of revenue that counties currently have.
- To examine the impact of the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision, revenues regarding tax exempt status of federal securities on county revenues.
- In cooperation with the House Committee on Urban Affairs and the House-Senate Joint Committee on Indigent Health Care, study the impact of indigent health care on county government.
- Conduct a mid-course review of the activities to date of the Texas Low-level Radioactive Waste Disposal Authority (TLLRWDA) and take testimony and gather evidence from interested public officials and private citizens on the matter of low-level nuclear waste disposal in Texas.
Leroy Wieting (Member) resigned 3/31/1984.
Bill Carter appointed 5/4/1984. (Press Release issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, May 4, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.