House Committee on Environmental Affairs - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 10.
- To review methods for enhancing the management and promoting the conservation of the shrimp resource in Texas; suggest any changes needed in areas of Chapter 77 of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code in which regulatory flexibility could exist relative to biological data gathered and evaluated.
- In cooperation with the House Committee on State Affairs, to study the relevance of alternative forms of ammunition for use in the hunting of waterfowl in Texas; consider the comparative advantages an disadvantages of steel and lead shot, being attentive to the need for effective conservation of Texas wildlife.
- To consider the financial impact of the withdrawal of the Corps of Engineers from their traditional role as recreational providers; determine the role of the private sector in providing recreational opportunities and review methods encouraging greater participation in both profit making and non-profit activities.
- To monitor the implementation and enforcement of SB 94, 68th R.S., relating to a Uniform Parks and Wildlife Code.
- Review the biennial report of the Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Authority.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.