House Committee on Higher Education - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 13.
- To study, in cooperation with the House Committee on Appropriations, tuition charged at public institutions of higher education and recommendations for a statewide tuition policy.
- To study salary supplements granted to higher education personnel.
- To study higher education endowments.
- To study the state system of higher education administration with emphasis on the roles of upper division centers, branch campuses, and community college districts.
- To study estimates and receipts of education and general income and patient fee income.
- To review indirect costs incurred by universities.
- To study curriculum and degree program development.
- To review the Administrative Procedures Act and how it impacts higher education institutional governance.
No final report was issued.
John Gavin is not listed as a member of committee in a press release issued by Speaker Lewis on April 5, 1984. (Press Releases issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, April 5, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Orlando Garcia appointed March, 1984. Press Release issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, March 30, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.