House Committee on County Affairs - 80th R.S. (2007)
- Study the issues surrounding the sale, use, and regulation of fireworks in urbanized, unincorporated parts of the county.
- Examine county procurement statutes to identify areas for increasing efficiency without sacrificing internal controls.
- Study policies and procedures related to illegal immigration and border security of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, county probation departments, and local and county jail facilities, and make recommendations to improve coordination with international, federal, state, and local authorities. (Joint Interim Charge with the House Committee on Corrections.)
- Examine recent attempts by municipalities to exert regulatory authority beyond city limits and extraterritorial jurisdiction. Evaluate the current relationship between and possible conflicts related to regulatory authority expressly given to state agencies by the legislature and regulatory authority delegated to home-rule municipalities. (Joint Interim Charge with the House Committee on Land and Resource Management.)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Charges issued by the Speaker November 30, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.