House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence - 80th R.S. (2007)
- Examine problems associated with the current system of deferred adjudication in Texas.
- Study the need to add salvia divinorum to the list of controlled substances regulated under the Texas Controlled Substance Act.
- Examine the criminal trespass statute in the Penal Code and propose needed amendments or reorganization.
- Study the prosecution and effectiveness of current drunk driving laws in Texas and recommend any legislative changes needed to further combat the problem.
- Research the problems associated with human trafficking and determine the need for additional penalties.
- Examine the current Texas law allowing dual trials for capital murder defendants.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Charges issued by the Speaker November 29, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.