House Committee on Natural Resources - 68th R.S. (1983)
- Monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 23.
- To investigate and determine the advisability and constitutionality of enacting a single statute authorizing governing body members of conservation and reclamation districts created by special legislation to serve up to four year terms.
- To investigate and monitor all efforts being made in Texas with regard to, and determine the potential for, increased ground water production and supplies through enhanced recovery methods.
- To investigate the need to enact legislation relating to surface water rights.
- To assist the House-Senate Joint Committee on Water Resources in its study of Texas water problems.
- To assess and investigate the need for state action to ensure the future environmental quality of Clear Lake and to preserve the sensitive ecosystems of said Lake.
- To investigate and identify appropriate and workable state responses to the problem of non-localized flooding.
- To investigate and recommend legislation for management of ground water.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.