House Committee on Law Enforcement - 80th R.S. (2007)
- Study the qualifications and standards necessary to be designated a police agency.
- Monitor the impact of current Texas laws banning the carrying of firearms by holders of concealed carry licenses on the premises of educational institutions.
- Study the funding of Texas 9-1-1 and poison control systems and the requirement to transition Texas 9-1-1 systems to the next generation of technology to meet future expectations for emergency communications.
- Review the current requirements for receiving a Texas driver's license or ID card to determine whether they should be more stringent in order to prevent a criminal or terrorist from fraudulently obtaining an official form of Texas identification.
- Monitor the report issued by the Independent Investigator for the Houston Police Department Crime Laboratory and Property Room, the independent panel review of certain criminal convictions prompted by the conclusions of this report, and the implementation by the City of Houston of any reforms recommended in this report. Also monitor other urban crime laboratories and their compliance with state laws regulating their functions. (Joint Interim Charge with the House Committee on Urban Affairs.)
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Charges issued by the Speaker November 29, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.