House Committee on Public Health - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 25.
- To study community care for the developmentally disabled.
- To study, in cooperation with the House-Senate Joint Committee in Indigent Health Care, health care needs in South Texas.
- To study chelation therapy, acupuncture, and the practice of human ecology, in cooperation with the House Committee on Human Services.
- To monitor agencies scheduled for Sunset Review in 1985.
- To study alcoholism in women.
- To study the role of psychologists in mental health commitment process and in the delivery of health services.
- Study the issues of rising medical costs and medical cost containment.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Mike McKinney (Member) appointed 5/4/1984. Nancy McDonald (Member) appointed 5/15/1984. Press Releases issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, May 4, 1984 and May 15, 1984. . See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.