Medicaid Reform, Legislative Oversight - 80th R.S. (2007)
The committee shall:
(1) facilitate the design and development of any Medicaid waivers needed to affect reform as directed by this Act [ SB 10 80th R.S. ];
(2) facilitate a smooth transition from existing
Medicaid payment systems and benefit designs to the new model of Medicaid enabled by waiver or policy change by the Health and Human Services Commission;
(3) meet at the call of the presiding officer; and
(4) research, take public testimony, and issue reports
requested by the lieutenant governor or speaker of the house of representatives.
The committee may:
(1) request reports and other information from the Health and Human Services Commission; and
(2) review the findings of the work group on uncompensated hospital care established under Section 531.552, Government Code, as added by this Act.
The committee shall report to the lieutenant governor and speaker of the house of representatives not later than November 15, 2008. The report must include:
(1) identification of significant issues that impede the transition to a more effective Medicaid program;
(2) the measures of effectiveness associated with changes to the Medicaid program;
(3) the impact of Medicaid changes on safety net hospitals and other significant traditional providers; and
(4) the impact on the uninsured in Texas.
Created pursuant to section 30, SB 10, 80th Legislature.
House members appointed by the Speaker September 19, 2007.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.