Ernest Everett Shackelford
Full Name: Ernest Everett "Shack" Shackelford
Date of birth: September 1, 1926
Date of death: November 3, 2000
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1957 - Jan 13, 1959
Kirbyville / Jasper
Jasper, Newton, Tyler
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Census of 1940 - Ernest Everett Shackelford, Jasper County, age 13, born circa 1927 in Texas, living in household of Alice Shackelford.
Census of 1950 - Ernest E. Shackelford, Houston, Harris County, age 23, born circa 1927 in Texas, attendant, veterans hospital, wife Marjorie.
- Ernest E. Shackelford, birth date 9/1/1926, death date 11/3/2000, last place of residence Beaumont, Jefferson County.
FamilySearch United States Social Security Death Index.
- Ernest Everett Shackelford, birth date 9/1/1926, death date 11/3/2000, burial in Bean Cemetery, Kirbyville, Jasper County.
Find a Grave.
- E.E. Shackleford [sic] of Kirbyville defeated Rep. Robert Patten of Jasper in Saturday runoff election (8/25/1956), "Nine Legislators Reelected and Four Defeated Saturday," Mt. Pleasant Times Review, 8/31/1956, p. 2, crediting Mount Pleasant Public Library.
"Ernest Shackelford of Kirbyville has announced his candidacy for the Senate but had not filed early this week." The Rusk Cherokeean, 5/8/1958, p. 1, crediting Singletary Memorial Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries). August 31, 1956
May 8, 1958
- Photo of Rep. E.E. Shackelford of Kirbyville and Texas Secretary of State Tom Reavley in a 1926 T-model Ford, 1/8/1957, p. 10. "Shackelford was ready to battle for $50 across-the-board pensions for Texas old folks."
Wichita Falls Times Record News.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.