Joseph Philmore Taylor
Full Name: Joseph Philmore "Joe" Taylor, Jr.
Date of birth: December 17, 1922
Date of death: November 24, 2000
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 9, 1951 - Jan 13, 1953
Omaha / Morris
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary and photo, Joe P. Taylor, Jr., 11/26/2000, p. 18A. "Prior to moving to Longview, Mr. Taylor served in the Texas House of Representatives for Morris and Titus counties from 1951 to 1952. He served as Morris County Judge from 1954 to 1958."
Military Service Notes
- United States Army, World War II. Military grave marker, Joseph P. Taylor, Jr., birth date 12/17/1922, death date 11/24/2000, burial in Omaha Cemetery, Omaha, Morris County.
Find a Grave.
- United States Army, Company C, 351st Infantry Division, World War II, received two Purple Hearts.
- J.P. Taylor, Jr. (Joseph Philmore Taylor), residence in Longview, Harrison County, 2000-2008. United States Public Records, 1970-2009.
- Son of Joseph Philmore Taylor, Obituary, "J.P. Taylor Rites Slated for Tuesday," 12/6/1960, p. 3-A. Survived by Judge Joe P. Taylor, Jr.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.