Warren Homer Henderson
Full Name: Warren Homer Henderson
Date of birth: August 22, 1896
Date of death: February 11, 1984
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1941 - Jan 12, 1943
Marlin / Falls
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Candidate announcement, biographical sketch, and photo, "Warren H. Henderson, Candidate for Representative, Place 1, McLennan County," The McGregor Mirror and Herald-Observer, 6/25/1948, p. 3, crediting McGinley Memorial Public Library. "I came to McLennan county when I was a small boy with my family and resided near McGregor. I have continued to live in this county since then, except for a few years spent in Limestone and Falls counties."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Biographical sketch, "W.H. Henderson to be Candidate," 2/5/1948, p. 2. Warren H. Henderson of Spring Valley, near Lorena, age 51, candidate for state representative from McLennan County, place 1 in 1948; represented Falls county in the Legislature in 1941, moved to Waco in 1942.
- Census of 1900 - Homer Henderson, Freestone County, age 3, born August 1896 in Texas, grandson of Lou Day, son of Bettie Henderson.
Census of 1910 - Homer Henderson, McLennan County, age 12, born circa 1898 in Texas, son of Bettie Newman.
Census of 1920 - Homer Henderson, Kimble County, age 24, farmer, son of William M. and Bettie Henderson.
Census of 1930 - W.H. Henderson, Marlin, Falls County, boarder, age 35, born circa 1895 in Texas, lawyer/general practice.
Census of 1940 - Warren Henderson, Marlin, Falls County, lodger, age 43, born circa 1897 in Texas, lawyer/private practice.
- Warren Homer Henderson, birth date 8/22/1896 in Fairfield, Texas; nearest relative Mrs. Bettie Newman, registration in Falls County 6/5/1918.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Warren Homer Henderson, birth date 8/22/1896, lawyer, residence in Marlin County.
FamilySearch United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942.
- Warren H. Henderson, birth date 8/22/1896, death date 2/11/1984, burial in Calvary Cemetery, Marlin, Falls County.
Find a Grave.
- 47th Legislature (1941) - Warren Henderson, postoffice Marlin, Falls County, nativity Texas, age 44 (born circa 1897), lawyer.
Texas Legislative Manual.
- Marriage announcement, "Miss Ruth Rector Wed to W.H. Henderson," 12/8/1940, p. 25. Warren H. Henderson, representative-elect of Falls county.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.