Charles Pinkney Spangler
Full Name: Charles Pinkney Spangler
Date of birth: November 2, 1897
Date of death: May 16, 1978
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1941 - Jan 12, 1943
Uvalde / Uvalde
Dimmit, Medina, Uvalde, Zavala
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- United States Army, Captain, World War II. Military grave marker, Charles P. Spangler, birth date 11/2/1897, death date 5/16/1978, burial in Hillcrest Cemetery, Uvalde, Uvalde County.
- Census of 1940 - C.P. Spangler, Uvalde, Uvalde County, age 42, born circa 1898 in Texas, financial correspondent/loan company, wife Bessie, son Charles, daughters Elizabeth and Marion.
- Charles Pinkney Spangler, birth date 11/2/1897, death date 5/16/1978 in Uvalde, Uvalde County, loan broker/finance, World War II veteran, informant Mrs. Bessie S. Spangler (wife).
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1977-1986.
- Photo, candidacy announcement, and campaign platform, "C.P. Spangler Announces for State Representative," Hondo Anvil Herald (Hondo, Texas), 4/5/1940, p. 1, crediting the Hondo Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- 47th Legislature (1941) - C.P. Spangler, postoffice Uvalde, Uvalde County, nativity Texas, age 43 (born circa 1898), mortgage loans.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.