Thomas David Wells
Full Name: Thomas David Wells, Jr.
Date of birth: January 8, 1911
Date of death: December 4, 1976
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1939 - Jan 14, 1941
Paris / Lamar
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- Obituary and photo, "Attorney T.D. Wells Dies," 12/5/1976, p. 1.
- Memorial, April 1977, p. 355.
Texas Bar Journal.
Military Service Notes
- United States Navy, Lieutenant Commander, World War II. Military grave marker, Thomas D. Wells, Jr., birth date 1/8/1911, death date 12/4/1976, burial in Evergreen Cemetery, Paris, Lamar County. Includes photograph.
Find a Grave.
- United States Army and United States Navy, World War II. Photo and biographical sketch, "Parisian Commissioned: Lt. T.D. Wells," 2/9/1942, p. 7. "Former U.S. Army Pfc. Thomas David Wells . . . who has been commissioned a lieutenant junior grade, in the U.S. Navy. Lt. Wells, who served two terms in the Texas Legislature from Lamar County, entered the Army by Selective Service in January, 1941."
- United States Army, Private, and United States Navy, Lieutenant Commander, World War II. "Having entered the Army as a private in 1941, Mr. Wells transferred to the Navy the next year as a lieutenant, j.g. He survived the sinking of his ship, the U.S.S. Wasp, and later served on the U.S.S.
Block Island and the U.S.S. Lake Champlain. When he left the service in 1945, Mr. Wells had attained the rank of lieutenant commander." Memorial, April 1977, p. 355.
Texas Bar Journal.
T.D. Wells, 46th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.