Louis Mountville Lankford
Full Name: Louis Mountville Lankford
Date of birth: March 29, 1878
Date of death: November 19, 1940
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1937 - Jan 10, 1939
Commerce / Hunt
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
Military Service Notes
- Lankford, Louis M. Co. L, 40 Reg't, USV. Inf. Philippine Insurrection.
Lankford, Louis M. Service: L 40 U.S. Vol. Inf.
FamilySearch. United States General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934
United States Index to General Correspondence of the Pension Office
- 40th U.S. Volunteer Infantry, Private, Commerce, Texas. Louis Mountville Lankford, birth date 3/29/1878, enlistment date 10/5/1899, discharge date 10/27/1899.
FamilySearch United States, Veterans Administration Master Index, 1917-1940, 1985.
- 40th U.S. Volunteer Infantry, Private. Military grave marker and application for headstone, Louis M. Lankford, death date 11/19/1940, burial in Stewart Cemetery, Hunt County. Includes obituary from Greenville Evening Banner, 11/21/1940.
Find a Grave.
- Spanish-American War. 47th Legislature, R.S., HSR 57, 1/20/1941, p. 136.
Resolutions - Memorial.
- Louis M. Lankford, birth date March 1878, death date 11/19/1940, son of Elijah Lankford and Margaret Carter, "Texas State Senator from Hunts and Rains County, Texas."
- Louis M. Lankford, death date 11/19/1940 in Muskogee County, Oklahoma.
Oklahoma State Vital Records Index, 2016.
- Death notice, "Lankford Is Buried: Former Legislator Who Died in Oklahoma Goes to Grave," 11/23/1940, p. 9.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.