Oscar Augustus McCracken
Full Name: Oscar Augustus McCracken, Jr.
Date of birth: March 24, 1903
Date of death: December 16, 1958
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1937 - Jun 25, 1937
San Antonio / Bexar
Preston L. Anderson, sworn 9/27/1937, succeeded Oscar A. McCracken, Jr., who did not attend 1st Called Session and resigned after it.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Memorial, March 1959, p. 157.
Texas Bar Journal.
- Oscar Augustus McCracken, Jr. birth date 3/24/1903 in Floresville, death date 12/16/1958 in Houston, attorney.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Oscar A. McCracken, Jr., birth date 3/24/1903, death date 12/16/1958, burial in Mission Burial Park South, San Antonio. Includes obituary, "Death Claims O.A. M'Cracken in Houston," Austin American Statesman, 12/17/1958.
Find a Grave.
- Obituary, "Sinclair Official Dies in Houston," The Ennis Daily News, 12/17/1958, p. 1, crediting the Ennis Public Library. Oscar McCracken "practiced law in San Antonio until 1936 when he was elected to the Texas legislature."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- 45th Legislature (1937) - O.A. McCracken, Jr., postoffice San Antonio, Bexar County, nativity Texas, attorney (no age listed).
Texas Legislative Manual.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.