Thomas Mason Hicks
Full Name: Thomas Mason "Tom" Hicks
Date of birth: August 30, 1885
Date of death: January 26, 1974
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1933 - Jan 8, 1935
Grand Saline / Van Zandt
Name, postoffice, occupation, association membership, relationship to persons in state or county government. Resolution, 9/18/1933, pp. 45-48, and Questionnaire Authorized and Directed by Resolution Adopted by the House, 10/11/1933, pp. 588-601.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Census of 1930 - Tom M. Hicks, Grand Saline, Van Zandt County, age 45, born circa 1885 in Louisiana, music teacher, boarder in the home of Homer McPhail.
- Thomas Mason Hicks, birth date 8/30/1885, home address Gilmer, Upshur County, music teacher. Father William W. Hicks of Minden, Louisiana.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Thomas Mason Hicks, birth date 8/30/1885 in Webster Parish, Louisiana, residence in Grand Saline, Van Zandt County, self-employed, draft registration 4/27/1942 in Van Zandt County, Texas.
FamilySearch United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942.
- Thomas M. Hicks (1885-1974), burial in Woodside Cemetery, Grand Saline, Van Zandt County.
Find a Grave.
- Obituary, "Funeral Rites for Tom Hicks in Grand Saline," 1/31/1974, p. 1. Thomas Hicks, "former state legislator and Grand Saline resident . . . native of Shangaloo, La." Died in Shreveport, La., interment in Woodside Cemetery, Grand Saline, Texas.
Grand Saline Sun.
- Obituary, Thomas M. Hicks, Shreveport Times, 1/27/1974, p. 14. Death date Saturday 1/26/1974 in Shreveport, funeral services in Grand Saline, native of Webster Parish, "music teacher and former Texas state legislator."
- "Three Blind Lawmakers in Texas Legislature," Mt. Pleasant Daily Times, 6/23/1933, p. 3, crediting Mount Pleasant Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- 43rd Legislature (1933) - Tom M. Hicks, postoffice Grand Saline, Van Zandt County, nativity Louisiana, age 47, musician.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Tom Hicks, 43rd Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.