Samuel David Shannon
Full Name: Samuel David Shannon
Date of birth: May 15, 1867
Date of death: September 22, 1946
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1933 - Jan 8, 1935
Fort Worth / Tarrant
Name, postoffice, occupation, association membership, relationship to persons in state or county government. Resolution, 9/18/1933, pp. 45-48, and Questionnaire Authorized and Directed by Resolution Adopted by the House, 10/11/1933, pp. 588-601.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- S.D. Shannon, birth date 5/15/1867 in Arkansas, death date 9/22/1946 in Scotland, Archer County, Texas, retired funeral director.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- S.D. Shannon, birth date 5/15/1867, death date 9/22/1946, portrait, burial in Mount Olivet Cemetery, Fort Worth. Includes obituary and photo from Fort Worth-Star Telegram, 9/23/1946. "While serving as representative, Mr. Shannon had enacted the Tarrant County road law, which went into effect Feb. 20, 1933."
Find a Grave.
- Photograph, Bench and Bar of Tarrant County, Texas, 1929. Courtesy of the Genealogy, History and Archives Unit,
Fort Worth Public Library.
- Biographical information, Samuel David Shannon, pp. 82-84.
North of the River: A Brief History of North Forth Worth, 1994.
- Photograph, Fort Worth Star-Telegram Collection, "W.T. Waggoner (right) and Judge Shannon, 1929." UTA Libraries Digital Gallery. 1929.
University of Texas at Arlington Libraries.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.