Jesse Wilson Sutton
Full Name: Jesse Wilson Sutton
Date of birth: January 15, 1890
Date of death: February 24, 1976
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 11, 1927 - Jan 8, 1929
Belton / Bell
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Memorial, July 1976, p. 701. Death date 3/2/1976.
Texas Bar Journal.
Military Service Notes
- United States Army, Sergeant, World War I. Jesse W. Sutton, residence in Kelleen, Bell County, Texas, birth year 1891 in Killeen, Texas.
FamilySearch Texas, World War I Records, 1917-1920 (Texas Military Forces Museum, Austin).
- "Jesse W. Sutton and Joseph A. Dusek of Bell county have been assigned to Company D, 343d machine gun battalion. Sutton has been appointed sergeant on recommendation of the company commander, Captain Clark Wright." "Camp Travis News," Temple Daily Telegram, 11/12/1917, p. 8, crediting Abilene Library Consortium.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Census of 1900 - Jesse W. Sutton, Bell County, birth date January 1891 (age 9), son of Andy Sutton and brother of Noel and Robert G. Sutton.
- Jesse Wilson Sutton, birth date 1/15/1891 in Texas; death date 2/24/1976 in Waco, McLennan County; attorney at law (retired); son of A.A. Sutton and Molly Farmer [sic].
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Jesse Wilson Sutton, birth date 1/15/1890, death date 2/24/1976, burial in Fulshear Cemetery, Fulshear, Fort Bend County.
Find a Grave.
J.W. Sutton, 40th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.