Full Name: Lumpkin Webb
Date of birth: August 13, 1867
Date of death: July 13, 1939
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 11, 1921 - Mar 31, 1922
Henderson / Rusk
Description of three vacancies in Legislature, caused by death of Sen. W.L. Hall of Wharton and resignations of J.C. Marshall of Hardeman county and L. Webb of Rusk county. "Urging Governor to Call a Special Legislature," 3/31/1922, p. 1.
Gary B. Sanford, in special election 5/6/1922, succeeded Lumpkin Webb, died after 2nd Called Session [sic]
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- "Representative Webb Calls on the Eagle," 2/3/1922, p. 1. "Representative L. Webb, of Henderson, was here today and called on the Eagle . . . Webb served in the 37th Legislature but stated he would not run for reelection."
- Death notice, "Former Solon Passes," 7/14/1939, p. 6. "Former State Representative L. Webb, 71, dairyman and master farmer, died at his home here [Henderson] on Thursday."
- Census of 1920 - Lumpkin Webb, Henderson, Rusk County, age 52, born circa 1868 in Georgia, farmer, spouse Bettie.
- L. Webb, birth date 8/13/1867 in Georgia; death date 7/13/1929 in Henderson, Rusk County, Texas; dairyman.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Lumpkin Webb (1867-1939), burial in Old Henderson City Cemetery, Henderson, Rusk County; spouse Bettie Wagnon Webb.
Find a Grave.
- 37th Legislature (1921) - L. Webb, postoffice Henderson, nativity Georgia, age 53, 10 years in Texas, farmer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
L. Webb, 37th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.