Eugene William Fry
Full Name: Eugene William Fry
Date of birth: May 4, 1879
Date of death: June 2, 1962
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1915 - Mar 6, 1915
Graham / Young
Jacob W. McComb, sworn 4/30/1915, succeeded E.W. Fry, resigned 3/6/1915.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Census of 1910 - Eugene W. Fry, Graham, Young County, Texas, age 30, born circa 1880 in Missouri, county judge, spouse Helen E. Fry.
Census of 1920 - Eugene W. Fry, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, age 40, born circa 1880 in Missouri, land surveyor, spouse Helen Fry.
Census of 1930 - Eugene W. Fry, Ventura, Ventura County, California, age 50, born circa 1880 in Missouri, ranch foreman.
Census of 1940 - Eugene W. Fry, El Centro, Imperial County, California, age 60, born circa 1880 in Missouri, manager of apartments/apartment house, spouse Gertrude Mary Fry.
- Eugene W. Fry, birth date 5/4/1879 in Missouri, death date 6/2/1962 in Imperial, California. California Death Index, 1940-1997.
- "Four Indicted for Shooting at Graham: Representative Fry Sends His Resignation to Governor - Forgery Case Said to Have Caused Trouble," 3/4/1915, p. 2.
"Fry's Resignation Is Accepted by Governor," 3/6/1915, p. 2.
"E.W. Fry, Former Legislator, Given 2 Years for Forgery, Loses Plea to Higher Court," 6/5/1918, p. 1, including photo.
Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Obituary, Eugene William Fry, Ventura County Star-Free Press (Ventura, California), 6/5/1962, p. 12. "Mr. Fry was state legislator, a county judge, and surveyor in Texas before he came to California." Survived by second wife Gertrude.
- Governor W.P. Hobby issued pardon to "E.W. Fry, former Young County Judge and Member of the Thirty-Fourth Legislature, convicted of forgery and sentenced to two years in the penitentiary," "Hobby Grants Full Pardon to E.W. Fry," including report of the Board of Pardons and Paroles, Olney Enterprise, 11/14/1919, p. 1, crediting Olney Community Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- 34th Legislature (1915) - E.W. Fry, no postoffice, age, occupation, or party listed.
Texas Legislative Manual.
E.W. Fry, 34th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.