John Benion Lee
Full Name: John Benion Lee
Date of birth: March 8, 1863
Date of death: March 29, 1918
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 9, 1917 - Mar 29, 1918
Quitman / Wood
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- 35th Legislature, 4th C.S., 3/26/1918, pp. 577-578, 580. Resolutions adopted relating to illness of Hon J.B. Lee.
- 36th Legislature, R.S., 1/16/1919, p. 59. Lee died "a few days after the adjournment" of 35th 4th C.S. (adjourned 3/27/1918).
Resolutions - Memorial.
- Census of 1900 - John B. Lee, Young County, age 37, born March 1863 in Alabama, farmer, wife Mattie.
- John Benion Lee, death date 3/29/1918 in Austin, Travis County.
FamilySearch Texas Death Index, 1903-2000.
- John Benion Lee, birth date 3/8/1863 in Alabama; death date 3/29/1918 in Austin, Travis County; farmer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- John B. Lee, birth date 5/8/1863, death date 5/29/1918, burial at Clover Hill Cemetery in Quitman, Wood County. Includes death notice from Austin American, 3/30/1918.
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, Representative John B. Lee, The Statesman (Austin, Texas), 3/30/1918, p. 8. Born 3/8/1863 in Coosy County, Alabama.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
J.B. Lee, 35th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.