Charles Barrett Monday
Full Name: Charles Barrett Monday
Date of birth: March 8, 1878
Date of death: January 15, 1931
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 9, 1917 - Jan 14, 1919
Marlin / Falls
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary with biographical sketch, mentions service in the Texas House of Representatives and the Texas National Guard, "Milling Company Leader Succumbs," 1/16/1931, p.1.
Daily Clarion-Ledger (Jackson, Mississippi).
Military Service Notes
- Texas National Guard, served as a Captain in Company G (Tom Connally Rifles). "New Infantry Company Organizing at Marlin," 7/30/1918, p. 7.
- Texas National Guard, appointed with a rank of Major. "Is Named Major," 10/9/1917, p. 8.
- Census of 1910 - Charles B. Monday, Falls County, Texas, age 32, born circa 1878 in Texas, lumber dealer, living in household with wife Hannah Monday and daughters Jewel L. Monday and Sybil Monday.
Census of 1920 - Charles B. Monday, Lake Charles, Louisiana, age 41, born circa 1879 in Texas, manager of a lumber company, living in household with wife [Helen] L. Monday and children J. Louise Monday, Sybil Monday, and Charles M. Monday.
- Charles Barrett Monday, birth date 3/8/1878, residence Marlin, Texas, employee at Marlin Lumber Co., nearest relative Hannah L. Monday, registered on 9/12/1918.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Charles Barrett Monday, birth date 3/8/1878, death date 1/15/1931, burial in Orange Grove Cemetery, Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Find a Grave.
- Charles [P.] Monday, birth date 3/8/1878 near Terrell, Texas, residence in Marlin, Texas, spouse Hannah Louise Miller. Biographical sketch and photo, "Texas and Her Legislature (Legislative Section)," Members of Texas House of Representatives, 35th Legislature, 2/28/1917, p. 14.
Fort Worth Record.
C.B. Monday, 35th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.