Charles Edwin Walker
Full Name: Charles Edwin Walker
Date of birth: February 26, 1873
Date of death: June 7, 1951
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 9, 1917 - Jan 14, 1919
Grapevine / Tarrant
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Charles Edwin Walker, birth date 2/26/1873 in Berlin, Tennessee, death date 6/7/1951 in Grapevine, Tarrant County, Texas.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Obituary, "Dr. Walker buried here last Friday," 6/14/1951, p. 1. "After his family, Dr. Walker's chief interests were medicine and politics. He was chairman of precinct 35 in Grapevine for more than 30 years and served in the Legislature in 1916-1917. He was also mayor of Grapevine at one time."
- "Dr. C.E. Walker, No. 15, Is Out for Governor" Sulphur Springs Daily News-Telegram, 4/29/1930, p. 4, crediting Hopkins County Genealogical Society. "Dr. C.E. Walker of Grapevine, Tarrant County, a former member of the house, has announced as a candidate for governor at the coming primaries."
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Charles Edwin Walker, birth date 2/26/1873, occupation member legislature, residence in Grapevine, Tarrant County, draft registration 9/12/1918 in Tarrant County.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- 35th Legislature (1917) - Dr. C.E. Walker, postoffice Grapevine, nativity Tennessee, age 43 (born circa 1874), physician, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.