John Warren Veale
Full Name: John Warren Veale
Date of birth: August 10, 1857
Date of death: January 2, 1924
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1907 - Jan 10, 1911
Amarillo / Potter
Archer, Armstrong, Bailey, Baylor, Briscoe, Carson, Castro, Childress, Clay, Cochran, Collingsworth, Cottle, Crosby, Dallam, Deaf Smith, Dickens, Donley, Floyd, Foard, Gray, Hale, Hall, Hansford, Hardeman, Hartley, Hemphill, Hockley, Hutchinson, Jack, King, Knox, Lamb, Lipscomb, Lubbock, Moore, Motley, Ochiltree, Oldham, Parmer, Potter, Randall, Roberts, Sherman, Swisher, Throckmorton, Wheeler, Wichita, Wilbarger, Young
Democrat; roster of members of the 31st Legislature with biographical and party information. "Year Book 1909," Number 13, May-June 1910, pp. 408-415.
Bulletin (Texas Department of Agriculture)
31st Legislature - Roll Call of holdover Senators, 1/12/1909, pp. 1-2.
30th Legislature - Roll of Senators-elect, oath of office administered, 1/8/1907, pp. 1-2.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- 39th Legislature, R.S., Simple Resolution 50, 3/3/1925, p. 707. Died 1/2/1924 at age 67.
Resolutions - Memorial.
- Photos and biographical sketches, Thomas Pierce Stone, John Warren Veale, and John Richard Bowman (birth date 4/17/1877 in Plano, Texas), "Thirtieth Texas Legislature," 2/4/1907, p. 4.
Galveston Daily News.
- Mentioned in biographical sketch of son Charles Houston Veale, Volume IV, p. 1983. States "Judge (John W.) Veale represented his district in the 41st and 42nd state legislatures."
A History of Texas and Texans, 1914.
- J.W. Veale (1857-1924), burial in Llano Cemetery, Amarillo, Potter County.
Find a Grave.
- John Warren Veale's birth date 8/10/1857, death date 1/2/1924.
- Obituary, "Senator Veale Died Suddenly Wed. at Amarillo," The Breckenridge Daily American, 1/3/1924, p. 1.
Memorial resolution, "The Amarillo Bar Shows Appreciation of John W. Veale," The Breckenridge Daily American, 1/10/1924, p. 4. Crediting the Breckenridge Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries). Amarillo Bar
- Memorial resolution, John W. Veale, Volume 43, Oct. 1924, pp. 176-178.
Texas Law Review: Proceedings, Texas Bar Association, 1922.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.