Agesilaus Wilson Walker
Full Name: Agesilaus Wilson Walker
Date of birth: June 10, 1867
Date of death: October 25, 1944
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1911 - Jan 14, 1913
Fort Worth / Tarrant
Cooke, Denton, Tarrant, Wise
Jan 8, 1901 - Jan 13, 1903
Van Alstyne / Grayson
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch and portrait, Judge A.W. Walker, Volume IV, pp. 1972-1973.
A History of Texas and Texans, 1916.
- Obituary, "A.W. Walker, Attorney and Dry Leader, Dies Here," Denton Record-Chronicle, 10/26/1944, p. 1, crediting Denton Public Library. Funeral, "Final Rites Held for A.W. Walker," Denton Record-Chronicle, 10/28/1944, p. 4, crediting Denton Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries). Funeral
- Memorial, May 1945, p. 246. Agesilaus Wilson Walker.
Texas Bar Journal.
- Brief biographical sketch, A.W. Walker, p. 209.
The Twenty-Seventh Legislature and State Administration of Texas, 1901.
- A.W. Walker, birth date 6/10/1867 in Alexander City, Alabama; death date 10/25/1944 in Denton, Denton County, Texas; retired oil operator, oil well business.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Judge A.W. Walker, birth date 6/10/1867, death date 10/25/1944, burial in Pilot Point Community Cemetery, Denton County.
Find a Grave.
A.W. Walker, 32nd Legislature, State Preservation Board
A.W. Walker, 27th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.