Full Name: Joseph "Joe" Holshousen, Sr.
Date of birth: August 11, 1849
Date of death: April 7, 1915
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1907 - Jan 12, 1909
Livingston / Polk
Angelina, Polk, San Augustine, San Jacinto
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- Joe Holshousen, birth date 8/11/1849, death date 4/7/1915, burial in Forest Hill Cemetery, Livingston, Polk County. Includes obituary from the Polk County Enterprise, 4/15/1915.
Find a Grave.
- Census of 1870 - Joseph Holshousen, Polk County, age 20, born circa 1850 in Texas, son of Clayton and Margaret Holshousen.
Census of 1900 - Joseph Holshousen, Livingston, Polk County, age 50, born August 1849 in Texas, county judge, wife Attie.
- Joe Holshousen, birth date 1850 in Texas; death date 4/7/1915 in Livingston, Polk County; lawyer; father C. Holshousen.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Death notice, J. Holshousen, Livingston, Texas, 4/9/1915, p. 3. "Judge Holshousen served his county several terms as county judge and was elected to the legislature one term, retiring voluntarily."
- 30th Legislature (1907) - Joe Holshousen, postoffice Livingston, nativity Texas, age 57 (born circa 1850), lawyer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
J. Housen, 30th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.