Full Name: Rosser Thomas, Sr.
Date of birth: August 27, 1869
Date of death: November 20, 1961
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1905 - Jan 8, 1907
Bonham / Fannin
Jan 10, 1899 - Jan 8, 1901
Ladonia / Fannin
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary, Judge Rosser Thomas, Sr., "Rites Slated for Thomas," 11/21/1961, sec. 1, p. 11.
- Memorial, March 1962, p. 257.
Texas Bar Journal.
- Census of 1880 - John R. Thomas, Bryan, Brazos County, age 10, son of James D. and Sarah F. Thomas.
Census of 1900 - Rosser Thomas, Ladonia, Fannin County, age 30, born August 1869 in Texas, lawyer, spouse Pearl, daugher Durell.
Census of 1910 - Rosser Thomas, Bonham, Fannin County, age 40, County Attorney, spouse Pearl J., daugher Sarah F.D., son James R. Thomas.
Census of 1920 - Rosser Thomas, Dallas, Dallas County, age 49, lawyer, spouse Pearl J., daugher Durelle, son James R. Thomas.
Census of 1930 - J. Rosser Thomas, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, age 60, spouse Pearl, in household of son Rosser Thomas, Jr.
Census of 1940 - John R. Thomas, Houston, Harris County, age 70, attorney, lodger.
- Rosser Thomas, Sr., birth date 8/27/1869 in Millican [Brazos County]; death date 11/20/1961 in Houston, Harris County; county judge; father James D. Thomas, mother Sarah Fleming Rosser, informant Rosser Thomas, Jr.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Judge Rosser Thomas (1869-1961), burial in Woodlawn Cemetery, Houston, Harris County.
Find a Grave.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.