William Pitt Blackburn
Full Name: William Pitt Blackburn
Date of birth: November 4, 1838
Date of death: February 23, 1911
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1897 - Jan 10, 1899
Calvert / Robertson
Blackburn was suspended on 4/29/1897, but was reinstated on 5/3/1897.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company E, 12th Regiment, Texas Infantry (Young's). William P. Blackburn, U.S., Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865. W.P. Blackburn, resident of Houston, Harris County about 2 years and 3 months (as of application 11/21/1909), born circa 1836 in Fayette County, Tennessee, listed under W.N. Blackburn, Private, Company E, 12th Texas Cavalry, enlisted 10/28/1861. Includes answers and depositions of Mrs. P.J. Garrett and Mrs. Mary D. Waldron, both of Calvert, Texas. Pension File No. 01404, Alabama, Texas and Virginia, U.S., Confederate Pensions, 1884-1958.
- Confederate States Army, Company E, Parson's 12th Texas Cavalry.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
- William P. Blackburn, marriage to Francis C. Ross 4/7/1855 in Robertson County, Texas.
Census of 1880 - William P. Blackburn, Robertson County, age 46, born circa 1834 in Tennessee, spouse Francis, sons Thomas, Samuel, and Charles, daughters Lannie and Minnie.
William P. Blackburn, marriage to Rebecca H. Bergeus 9/7/1884 in Robertson County, Texas.
Census of 1900 - William Blackburn, Robertson County, age 65, born November 1835 in North Carolina [sic], farmer, spouse Rebeca, sons Sidney and William W.
Census of 1910 - William P. Blackburn, Houston, Harris County, age 74, born circa 1836 in Tennessee, farmer, spouse Rebbeca H., sons Sidney T. and William W.
William Pitt Blackburn and Rebecca Hannah Smallwood, parents of William Whitford Blackburn, birth date 10/11/1892 in Calvert, Robertson County, death date 7/7/1952 in Houston.
William Patrick Blackburn and Hanna Rebecca, parents of Sidney Thurman Blackburn, death date 5/22/1942 in Beaumont, Jefferson County.
W.P. Blackburn, born in Tennessee, residence in Houston, age 76, death date 2/22/1911, interment 2/23/1911.
Texas Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
Texas Deaths, 1890-1976 (1)
Texas Deaths, 1890-1976 (2)
Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1965 (1)
Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1965 (2)
Texas, Houston, Historic Hollywood Cemetery Records, 1895-2008
- W.P. Blackburn, born circa 1835 in Tennessee (birth date "4 of Nov."), death date 2/23/1911 in Houston, Harris County, farmer, parents William Blackburn and Bethinia Hampton, burial in Hollywood Cemetery, Houston.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- William Pitt Blackburn, burial in Hollywood Cemetery, Houston, Harris County (no marker).
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, W.T. Blackburn, 2/24/1911, p. 2.
- 25th Legislature (1897) - W.P. Blackburn, postoffice Calvert, nativity Tennessee, age 58 (born circa 1839), farmer, 43 years in Texas, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.