Andrew Edgar Blount
Full Name: Andrew Edgar Blount
Date of birth: October 22, 1859
Date of death: August 4, 1927
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1899 - Jan 8, 1901
Fosterville / Anderson
Fosterville post office closed in 1905.
Handbook of Texas Online
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Census of 1880 - Edgar Blount, Anderson County, age 20, born circa 1860 in Alabama, son of Benjiman and Elizabeth Blount.
A.E. Blunt, marriage to M.J. Milner 2/14/1883 in Anderson County.
Census of 1900 - Edward A. Blount, Anderson County, age 41, born October 1859 in Alabama, farmer, spouse Mary J., sons Edward A., Benjiman F., and Charles E., daughter Verna.
Census of 1910 - A.E. Blunt, Hardin County, age 50, born circa 1860 in Alabama, laborer/oil fields, spouse Mary J., sons Charley E. and Laurance A., daughters Verma E., Imogene, Bessie Lee, Lilian May, and Ruth M.
Andrew Edgar Blount and Mary John Milner, parents of Charlie Eugene Blount (born 9/5/1890 in Fosterville, Anderson County), Verna Elizabeth Blount (born 8/25/1892 in Anderson County), Bessie Lee Blount (born 6/21/1896 in Palestine, Anderson County), and Lillian Mae Blount (born 4/22/1899 in Anderson County).
Texas Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1965
- A.E. Blount, birth date 10/22/1859, death date 8/4/1927, burial in Palestine City Cemetery, Anderson County, with spouse Mary J. Blount.
Find a Grave.
- A.E. Blount, death notice 8/4/1927 and funeral article 8/5/1927, courtesy Palestine Public Library.
Palestine Daily Herald.
- 26th Legislature (1899) - A.E. Blount, postoffice Fosterville, nativity Alabama, age 39 (born circa 1860), farmer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
- A.E. Blount, "Palestine man," died 8/4/1927. Death notice, 8/6/1927, p. 5.
A.E. Blount, 26th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.