Full Name: Edgar Scurry
Date of birth: November 21, 1857
Date of death: October 31, 1936
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1899 - Jan 8, 1901
Wichita Falls / Wichita
Wichita, Wilbarger, Greer
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Autobiographical sketch, Reminiscences of Judge Edgar Scurry. Born 11/21/1857 in Mission Valley, Victoria County, Texas; "served one term in the State Legislature, the 26th Legislature, in 1899." North Texas Records for Archer, Baylor, Clay, Jack, Montague, Wichita, Wilbarger & Young Counties.
RootsWeb.com Internet genealogical service.
- Obituary, "Edgar Scurry Pioneer Wichita Falls Lawyer Dies in Houston at 79," 10/31/1936, p. 1. Birth date 11/21/1857, death date 10/31/1936, member of the 26th Legislature.
Wichita Daily Times.
- Judge Edgar Scurry, birth date 11/23/1856 in Mission Valley, Texas; death date 10/31/1926 in Houston, Harris County; lawyer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Judge Edgar Scurry (1857-1936), Sons of Confederate Veterans, burial in Riverside Cemetery, Wichita Falls, Wichita County.
Find a Grave.
- 26th Legislature (1899) - Edgar Scurry, postoffice Wichita Falls, nativity Texas, age 42 (born circa 1857), lawyer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Edgar Scurry, 26th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.