Full Name: Friench Simpson
Date of birth: February 13, 1848
Date of death: March 24, 1923
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1893 - Jan 12, 1897
Hallettsville / Lavaca
Colorado, Fayette, Lavaca
24th Legislature - Roll of holdover Senators, 1/8/1895, p. 1.
23rd Legislature - All 31 Senators are listed in Roll Call on First Day, 1/10/1893, p. 1; resolution by Sen. Cranford that the Senators shall now be divided by lot into two classes, 1/11/1893, p. 5; drew term of 4 years.
. January 10, 1893
January 11, 1893
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, "Lawmakers of Texas: Something about Men Who Left Records at Austin: Cranford, Bowser, Simpson, Atlee, Imboden, Steele, Greer and Douglass. Their Personal and Political Points," 8/27/1893, p. 13.
Galveston Daily News.
- SIMPSON, FRIENCH (1848-1923). Birth date 2/13/1848, death date 3/23/1923.
Handbook of Texas Online.
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company A, 13th Texas Infantry (13th Regiment, Texas Volunteers). Friench Simpson, U.S., Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles, 1861-1865; U.S., Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865.
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company A, 13th Regiment, Texas Infantry. Military grave marker, Friench Simpson, birth date 2/13/1848, death date 3/24/1923, burial in Hallettsville City Cemetery, Hallettsville, Lavaca County. Biographical information from the Hallettsville New Era and Colorado Citizen.
Find a Grave.
- Friench Simpson, birth date 2/13/1848 in Fairfax County, Virginia, death date 3/24/1923 in Hallettsville, Lavaca County, Texas, banker business and insurance.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.