Frank Mitchell Ball
Full Name: Frank Mitchell Ball
Date of birth: September 29, 1869
Date of death: January 4, 1914
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1893 - Jan 8, 1895
Texarkana / Bowie
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary, "Dallas Lawyer Passes Away: F.M. Ball Dies at Family Residence. Funeral to Be Held Today," 1/5/1914, p. 2. Born 9/29/1869 in New Boston, Texas. "About a year ago he moved from Texarkana to Dallas and had resided here since that time."
Dallas Morning News.
- Census of 1880 - Frank Ball, Bowie County, age 12, born circa 1868 in Texas, son of Isac. M. and Lou Ball.
Census of 1900 - Frank M. Ball, Johnson County, age 31, born September 1868 in Texas, lawyer, wife Linder, son Frank M., Jr., daughters Eliza and Devis Hart Ball.
Census of 1910 - F.M. Ball, Texarkana, Bowie County, age 40, born circa 1870 in Texas, lawyer, wife Ethyl, daughter Eliza.
- F.M. Ball, birth date 9/29/1869 in New Boston [Bowie County], Texas, death date 1/4/1914 in Dallas, Dallas County, lawyer, father I.M. Ball.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Frank Mitchell Ball, birth date 9/29/1869, death date 1/4/1914, burial in Oakland Cemetery, Dallas, Dallas County.
Find a Grave.
- Obituary, Frank M. Ball, Daily Arkansas Gazette (Little Rock, Arkansas), 1/7/1914, p. 9. Frank M. Ball, "for many years, was a resident of the Texas side of the town [Texarkana] . . . Twenty years ago he represented Bowie county one term in the Texas legislature and later he was twice elected city attorney of Texarkana, Tex."
- 23rd Legislature (1893) - F.M. Ball, postoffice Texarkana, nativity Texas, age 24 (born circa 1869), lawyer, 24 years in Texas, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
F.M. Ball, 23rd Legislature, State Preservation Board
F.M. Ball, 23rd Legislature, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.