Enoch Walter Fagan
Full Name: Enoch Walter Fagan
Date of birth: February 27, 1855
Date of death: November 7, 1943
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1893 - Jan 8, 1895
Paris / Lamar
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- "E.W. Fagan, 75-year-old Murray county attorney who has lived here since 1905 and before that was a Texas legislator." "Youth To Succeed Veteran Attorney," The Indian Journal (Eufaula, Oklahoma), 12/29/1932, p. 8.
- Obituary, E.W. Fagan, The Daily Oklahoman (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma), 11/8/1943, p. 3. Death date 11/7/1943, "Fagan was county attorney of Murray county for 16 years, between 1912 and 1932. Born in Alabama, he was a graduate of the University of Mississippi law school, and practiced law in Paris, Texas, before coming to Sulphur in 1905."
- Enoch Walter Fagan, birth date 2/27/1855 in Marion, Alabama, death date 11/7/1943 in Sulphur, Murray County, Oklahoma. Residence in Lamar County, Texas, in 1880. Bernhard Family Tree.
- Census of 1880 - Enoch W. Fagan, Paris, Lamar County, age 24, born circa 1856 in Alabama, lawyer, single, living in household of brother William T. Fagan.
Census of 1900 - Enock W. Fagan, Justice Precinct 1, Lamar County, age 44, born February 1856 in Alabama, lawyer, wife Tomisine, daughter Deta D., sons Enoch W., Albert L., and Pat O.
Census of 1910 - Enoch W. Fagan, Sulphur, Murray County, Oklahoma, born circa 1858 in Alabama, lawyer, spouse Annie, daughters Peta and Elizabeth, sons Enoch, Albert, and Pat.
Census of 1920 - E.W. Fagan, Sulphur, Murray County, Oklahoma, born circa 1857 in Alabama, lawyer, widowed, daughters Elizabeth Fagan and Deta Baughman.
Census of 1930 - Enoch W. Fayan [Fagan], Sulphur, Murray County, Oklahoma, born circa 1856 in Alabama, lawyer, spouse Annie W.
Census of 1940 - Enoch W. Fagan, Sulphur, Murray County, Oklahoma, born circa 1856 in Alabama, spouse Anne A.
E.W. Fagan, first marriage to Tonnie Yates 9/7/1884, Lamar County, Texas; second marriage to Annie D. Dickinson 7/23/1902 in Paris, Lamar County, Texas; third marriage (age 53) to Annie Weems 1/10/1923 in Bryan County, Oklahoma.
Oklahoma, County Marriages, 1890-1995
Texas Marriages, 1837-1973
Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- E.W. Fagan (1855-1943), burial in Oaklawn Cemetery, Sulphur, Murray County, Oklahoma, with spouse Annie Weems Fagan. Tommie Fagan, first wife of E.W. Fagan, death date 2/12/1901, burial in Paris, Lamar County, Texas.
Find a Grave. E.W. Fagan
- Enoch W. Fagan, death date 11/7/1943 in Murray County, Oklahoma.
Oklahoma State Vital Records Index, 2016.
- 23rd Legislature (1893) - E.W. Fagan, postoffice Paris, nativity Texas, age 36 (born circa 1857), lawyer, 36 years in Texas, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
E.W. Fagan, 23rd Legislature, State Preservation Board
E.W. Fagan, 23rd Legislature, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.