Samuel Allison Thompson
Full Name: Samuel Allison Thompson
Date of birth: September 22, 1851
Date of death: January 31, 1920
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1897 - Jan 10, 1899
Fort Davis / Jeff Davis
Brewster, El Paso, Jeff Davis, Kinney, Maverick, Pecos, Presidio, Val Verde, Foley, Buchel
Democrat. "The secretary of state has received the election results from the Ninety-sixth or El Paso legislative district, showing that J.G. Welch, independent, and S.A. Thompson, democrat, have been elected to the lower house of the Twenty-fifth legislature." 12/10/1896, p. 4.
El Paso Herald
Texas Legislative Manual
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary, Samuel A. Thompson, "S.A. Thompson, Prominent Mason, Claimed by Death," 2/2/1920, p. 12.
El Paso Times.
- Obituary, S.A. Thompson, "Former Member of Texas Legislature Dies at Wichita Falls," Sunday morning, 2/1/1920, p. 9.
Fort Worth Record-Telegram.
- Biographical sketch, S.A. Thompson, pp. 96-97. Born 9/22/1851 in Huntington County, Pennsylvania.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
- S.A. Thompson, born circa 1852 in Pennsylvania, age 68, death date 1/31/1920 in Wichita Falls, Wichita County, ranchman.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Samuel Allison Thompson, birth date 9/22/1851, death date 1/31/1920, burial in Hillcrest Cemetery, Fort Davis, Jeff Davis County.
Find a Grave.
S. Thompson, 25th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.