John Anderson McAlpine
Full Name: John Anderson McAlpine
Date of birth: November 11, 1842
Date of death: April 24, 1898
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Listed in "Men who have represented Grimes County in the House of Representatives/State Senate, 1846-1931," pp. 205-209. Includes Date, Legislatures, District, and Source of Data.
Early History of Grimes County, 1930.
- Census of 1880 - J.A. McAlpin, Grimes County, age 37, born circa 1843 in North Carolina, physician, wife W.C.
John Anderson McAlpine, physician and planter, father of Willie Sterrett McAlpine, date of birth 3/26/1886 in Whitehall, Grimes County.
Texas, Grimes County, Probate Records of Births, 1939-1957
- Dr. John A. McAlpine (1842-1898), burial in Fairview Cemetery, Whitehall, Grimes County.
Find a Grave.
- John L. McAlpine.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004, 2005.
- Death notice, "Dr. J.A. McAlpine," Galveston Tribune, 4/25/1898, p. 4, crediting Rosenberg Library. Death date 4/24/1898.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Historical marker, McAlpine Cemetery, Whitehall, Grimes County.
Texas Historic Sites Atlas (Texas Historical Commission).
- Roster lists name J.L. McAlpine.
Texas Legislative Manual, 1882-83, 1883.
- Dr. Jno. Anderson McAlpine, birth date 11/11/1842, death date 4/23/1898, Fairview Whitehall Cemetery, Grimes County. Son of Alexander and Eliza McAlpine, born in Anson County, North Carolina, died in Grimes County, Texas. Grimes County,
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.