Full Name: J. D. Parsons
Date of birth: November 6, 1839
Date of death: December 26, 1905
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- John Durant Parsons in War Department records, Confederate States Army, Company C, 20th Texas Cavalry, enlisted March 10 (probably 1862) in Kaufman County. Assistant Surgeon, discharged 12/22/1862 a Private, Company C, 20th Texas Cavalry. Assistant Surgeon, Prov. Army Confederate States, 12/12/1863. Assistant Surgeon, serving with the 12th Texas Cavalry, November 1863. John Dorrance Parsons in widow's application, death date 12/27/1905; widow Mrs. Fannie Evans Parsons, marriage date 1/16/1866 in Ellis County, Texas. Pension File No. 46075 (J.D. Parsons), Alabama, Texas and Virginia, U.S., Confederate Pensions, 1884-1958.
- Census of 1870 - Jno. D. Parsons, Kaufman, Kaufman County, age 41, born circa 1839 in Louisiana, physician, in household with Fannie Parsons.
Census of 1880 - John Parsons, Rockwall, Rockwall County, age 40, born circa 1840 in Lousiana, physician, wife Frances.
Census of 1900 - John D. Parsons, Dallas, Dallas County, age 61, born November 1839 in Louisiana, physician, wife Fannie.
- John Dorrance Parsons, death date 12/26/1905 in Dallas, Texas.
FamilySearch United States Deceased Physician File (AMA), 1864-1968.
- Dr. J.D. Parsons, birth date 11/6/1839, death date 12/26/1905, burial in Oakland Cemetery, Dallas, Dallas County.
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, "Dr. Parsons Dead," The Houston Post, 12/28/1905, p. 7. "Dr. John Dorrance Parsons . . . practiced medicine until 1882, when he was elected to the Eighteenth legislature." Death date 12/26/1905.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
J.D. Parsons, 18th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.