William Morton Brown
Full Name: William Morton Brown
Date of birth: February 23, 1839
Date of death: August 2, 1902
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Apr 18, 1876 - Jan 11, 1881
Marlin / Falls
Bell, Falls, Milam
Democrat, 1/14/1879, p. 1.
Galveston Daily News
15th Legislature - All Senators except District 7 listed in roll call as Senators elect, oath of office administered, 4/18/1876, p. 1; Drawing of Senatorial Terms, 4/27/1876, p. 98, drew "long term" (four years).
. April 14, 1876
April 27, 1876
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch in "State Senators Elect: Personal Sketches Completed - Seventeen Lawyers, Seven Grangers, Two Doctors, One Editor and Four Colored Politicians - the Political Structure of the New Senate of Texas," 3/3/1876, p. 2.
Galveston Daily News.
- BROWN, WILLIAM M. (1838-1902). Born 1838.
Handbook of Texas Online.
- Obituary, "Col. W.M. Brown Dead," Austin Daily Statesman, 8/3/1902, p. 4. Former Comptroller under Governor Roberts.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Biographical sketch, pp. 35-37.
Sketches of Legislators and State Officers, Fifteenth Legislature, 1876-1878, 1876.
- Biographical sketch, p. 246.
Texas Legislative Manual, 1879-80, 1879.
- Brown, William Morton.
Texas State Cemetery.
Military Service Notes
Wm. M. Brown, 15th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.