John Newton Doyle
Full Name: John Newton Doyle
Date of birth: November 27, 1838
Date of death: October 1, 1895
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1873 - Jan 13, 1874
Acton / Hood
Bosque, Callahan, Eastland, Erath, Hood, Johnson, Jones, Palo Pinto, Parker, Shackelford, Stephens, Taylor
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Dr. J.N. Doyle, birth date 11/27/1839, death date 10/1/1895, burial in Granbury Cemetery, Granbury, Hood County. Includes biographical sketch from Hambrecht, F.T. & Koste, J.L., Biographical Register of Physicians Who Served the Confederacy in a Medical Capacity, and death notice in Fort Worth Gazette, 10/2/1895.
Find a Grave.
- DOYLE, JOHN NEWTON (1838-1895).
Handbook of Texas Online.
Military Service Notes
- Dr. J.N. Doyle, birth date 11/27/1839, death date 10/1/1895, burial in Granbury Cemetery, Hood County, with wife Alice Wilson Doyle.
- Mentioned in "Our Hero General Hiram Brinson Granbury."
- Relatives: Dr. J.N. Doyle and William E. Doyle - brothers.
A History of Hood County, Texas: From its Earliest Settlement to the Present, Together with Biographical Sketches of Many Leading Men and Women Among the Early Settlers. . .: Also a Sketch of the History of Somervell County., 1895.
- Mentioned in "Gen. H.B. Granbury, of Texas" by J.H. Doyle. Dr. J.N. Doyle [J.H. Doyle's brother] was appointed to go to Columbia, Tennessee to exhume the body of General Granbury and return it to Texas for reinterment.
Hood County Texas Genealogical Society, 2004.
John N. Doyle, 13th Legislature, DeGolyer Library, SMU, Lawrence T. Jones III Collection.
Dr. John N. Doyle, 13th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.