Arthur Thomas Watts
Full Name: Arthur Thomas Watts
Date of birth: August 31, 1837
Date of death: June 28, 1921
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1873 - Jan 13, 1874
Livingston / Polk
Chambers, Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Newton, Orange, Polk, Tyler
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Biographical sketch, A.T. Watts, pp. 361-362.
Bench and Bar of Texas, 1885.
- Biographical sketch, Hon. Arthur Thomas Watts, pp. 444-445.
The Encyclopedia of the New West, 1881.
- WATTS, ARTHUR THOMAS (1837-1921).
Handbook of Texas Online.
- Biographical sketch, Historical Sketch of Parker County and Weatherford, Texas. Birth date 8/21/1837 in Mississippi.
- Biographical sketch, Judge Arthur Thomas Watts. Lewis Publishing Company. Memorial and Biographical History of Dallas County, Texas, 1892, pp. 368-369, crediting Dallas Public Library.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, 4th Corp, Company A, 16th Mississippi Infantry; Adjutant General and Chief of Staff in the Trans-Mississippi Department, portrait from Confederate Veteran. Military grave marker, A.T. Watts, Watts, birth date 8/31/1837, death date 6/28/1921, burial in Magnolia Cemetery, Beaumont, Jefferson County.
Find a Grave.
- Biographical sketch, p. 92.
Texans Who Wore the Gray, 1907.
A.T. Watts, 13th Legislature, DeGolyer Library, SMU, Lawrence T. Jones III Collection.
A.T. Watts, 13th Legislature, State Preservation Board
A.T. Watts, Texas Jurists Collection
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.