LRL Home - Legislation - Legislative archive system - Direct search - Search results
SB 1, 87th R.S.
General Appropriations Bill.
Related legislative committee charges
House Agriculture and Livestock,
Monitor the agencies and programs under the Committee’s jurisdiction and oversee the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 87th Legislature. Conduct active oversight of all associated rulemaking and other governmental actions taken to ensure the intended legislative outcome of all legislation, including the following:
- HB 2089, 87th R.S., relating to the detection and mitigation of plant pests and diseases;
- SB 1, 87th R.S., Rider 27 (Department of Agriculture), which relates to determining methods to increase the number of grocery stores in food deserts; and
- SB 1, 87th R.S. Rider 28 (Department of Agriculture), which relates to the Experimental Use Program for feral hog abatement.
Monitor and oversee the implementation of appropriations bills and other relevant legislation passed by the 87th Legislature, including the following:
- SB 1, 87th R.S., General Appropriations Act;
- HB 5, 87th 2nd C.S., and SB 8, 87th 3rd C.S., relating to making supplemental appropriations and giving direction regarding appropriations; and
- SB 52, 87th 3rd C.S., relating to the issuance of revenue bonds to fund capital projects at public institutions of higher education.
Review the information technology (IT) supporting the Texas Medicaid Program. Evaluate the IT systems' capability to meet the needs of Texas Medicaid to ensure the Health and Human Services Commission’s acquisition and procurement processes comply with the requirements of SB 1, 87th R.S.Rider 6 (Health and Human Services Commission), relating to Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership); Section 9.01 (Purchases of Information Resources Technologies); and Section 9.02 (Quality Assurance Review of Major Information Resources Projects). Identify ways to:
- Modernize systems and improve interoperability between systems;
- Ensure IT functionality is aligned with the needs of the Medicaid Program, including conformity to the managed care model;
- Reduce administrative burdens;
- Provide cost savings;
- Improve future procurements; and
- Create better transparency and oversight of Medicaid IT contracts.
House Human Services,
Monitor implementation of SB 1, 87th R.S., Rider 30 (Health and Human Services Commission) and make recommendations for reducing the interest list for waiver services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and reducing associated staffing shortages.
No other legislative committee charges specifically mention SB 1, 87th R.S.
Search the Legislative Reports database to search by subject or keyword for related reports.
The Legislative Archive System is a work in progress. Complete information is not available for all bills and all sessions. Visit the Legislative Archive System status page for details. Please contact the Legislative Reference Library at 512-463-1252 if you have any questions.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.