Special sessions topics
5 special legislative session topics
12th, A C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
12th Adjourned Supplementary materials
- Consider a report from the Auditorial Board. [Fri Sep 22, 1871]
- Enact legislation to facilitate the United States Government in procuring the titles to lands desired for locating posts and stations in Texas. [Sun Sep 24, 1871]
- Proclamation declaring martial law in Limestone and Freestone counties. [Tue Oct 10, 1871]
- Proposing amendments to the school laws including reapportioning the state into twelve districts, to add the balance of the deficiency appropriation for the year ending August 31, 1871 to the appropriation for the current year, and to remodel the rates regarding the expense of taking the scholastic census. [Tue Oct 17, 1871]
- Consideration of the condition of the laws relating to the levy of taxes, in so far as the same apply to the powers of the county or police courts to levy taxes, and to the amount of taxes authorized to be levied by those courts. [Mon Nov 13, 1871]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.