Special sessions topics
7 special legislative session topics
20th, 1 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
- Provide for the proper distribution of the surplus moneys now in the treasury by necessary appropriations. [Sat Mar 31, 1888]
- Inspect and make such provision for furnishing and preserving the new capitol as may be deemed proper, for putting the capitol grounds in condition, and to determine what disposition shall be made of other State property at the seat of government. [Sat Mar 31, 1888]
- Make such changes in the laws relating to taxation and revenue as may seem most consonant with the interests of the people, with the view of a more uniform and just assessment and certain collection; and a consideration of the advisability of reducing the present tax rate. [Sat Mar 31, 1888]
- Make such alteration in the present law regarding the public education of the youth of our state as may be found necessary, and appropriations to pay any indebtedness that may have accrued by reason thereof; to make appropriations for our various charitable institutions requisite to their more extended usefulness and betterment; and for a geological survey of the State, if demanded by general public interest. [Sat Mar 31, 1888]
- Make such changes in subdivision 24 of article 566, Revised Statutes, as amended by act of March 23, A.D. 1887, as may be deemed wise and expedient to meet the increased demands of the agricultural interest of the State. [Sat Mar 31, 1888]
- Make such provision as may be necessary for co-operation with the United States government in the settlement of the boundary of that portion of the State embracing Greer county. [Sat Mar 31, 1888]
- Amend article 1034, Revised Civil Statutes, relating to practice in the courts. [Tue May 8, 1888]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.