Special sessions topics
15 special legislative session topics
28th, 1 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
- Make appropriations for the support of the State government and for the public service for the fiscal years beginning September 1, 1903, and ending August 31, 1905. [Wed Apr 1, 1903]
- Make provision for refunding or paying off the state bonds which will mature before the first day of January, 1905. [Wed Apr 1, 1903]
- Make provision for resurveying and establishing the boundaries between the State of Texas and the Territories of New Mexico and of Oklahoma. [Wed Apr 1, 1903]
- Make provision for furnishing an adequate supply of water and light for the various State institutions and public buildings located at the capital [sic]. [Wed Apr 1, 1903]
- Make an appropriation of $4,750 for the repair of the Orphans' Home at Corsicana. [Mon Apr 13, 1903]
- Provide for uniform text books in the public free schools in the State. [Tue Apr 14, 1903]
- Authorize counties to issue bonds for the purpose of improving and maintaining therein the public roads. [Tue Apr 14, 1903]
- Provide a method of making application for the purchase of the state school and asylum lands, and regulating the manner of filing on the same. [Tue Apr 14, 1903]
- Provide for special road laws for counties. [Wed Apr 15, 1903]
- Provide a method of securing for the State the right-of-way across lands and of condemning the same for public purposes. [Mon Apr 20, 1903]
- Authorize the city of Austin to enter into certain contracts, and to sell, transfer or lease certain of its property, property rights and franchises, in order to secure a more economical and satisfactory water, light and power system for the use of the people of said city. [Mon Apr 20, 1903]
- The matter of deficiency for the maintenance of the Confederate Home and the clothing of inmates. [Wed Apr 22, 1903]
- Provide that non-payment of poll tax shall not disqualify persons otherwise competent for jury service. [Mon Apr 27, 1903]
- Define abuses in the operation of trains for the transportation of passengers and property, and to make the same cognizable by the Railroad Commission of Texas… [Mon Apr 27, 1903]
- Authorize heads of departments and others having possession of State property to loan to the Texas World's Fair Commission...for Louisiana Purchase Exposition exhibit [Mon Apr 27, 1903]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.