Special sessions topics
12 special legislative session topics
29th, 1 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
- Increase the ad valorem tax rate for the present and succeeding years in order to raise the necessary additional revenue to pay the debts and defray the expenses of the State government. [Sat Apr 15, 1905]
- Make appropriations for the support of the State government, and for the public service for the fiscal years beginning September 1, 1905, and ending August 31, 1907. [Sat Apr 15, 1905]
- Make appropriations for deficiencies in the appropriations heretofore made for the support of the State government for the fiscal years ending February 28, 1901, August 31, 1901, August 31, 1902, August 31, 1903, August 31, 1904, and August 31, 1905 being for claims registered in the Comptroller's office in accordance with law, and for outstanding claims not registered… [Wed Apr 19, 1905]
- Make necessary changes in and amendments to the law regulating elections and "to perfect and strengthen the same." [Wed Apr 26, 1905]
- Make the rate of ad valorem taxation for the year 1905 fixed. [Mon May 1, 1905]
- Provide by general law for the incorporation of corporate bodies with banking and discounting powers and privileges, and with any and all other powers and privileges which, under the Constitution of this State, may be conferred upon such corporate bodies… [Thu May 4, 1905]
- Make provisions for holding courts in the county of Terrell and the other counties of the [Sixty-third Judicial] district… [Fri May 5, 1905]
- Create the Jacksonville independent school district. [Fri May 5, 1905]
- Provide by general law for taxation of premium receipts of foreign and domestic insurance companies… [Fri May 5, 1905]
- Provide by general law for levying a franchise tax on foreign and domestic insurance companies… [Fri May 5, 1905]
- Amend Chapter 4 of the Special Laws of the first called session of the Twenty-eighth Legislature relating to the water, light and power system of the city of Austin, so as to authorize the city of Austin to enter into certain contracts… [Mon May 8, 1905]
- Authorize any county on the Gulf of Mexico to purchase or lease a roadway upon a causeway and bridge that may be constructed across any bay over one mile in width and that separates an island in such county from the mainland thereof. [Mon May 8, 1905]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.