Special sessions topics
7 special legislative session topics
31st, 4 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
- Legislation amending Articles 4549 and 4950, of Chapter 11, Title 94, of the Revised Statutes of the State of Texas… [Wed Aug 17, 1910]
- Legislation providing for a Board of Prison Commissioners, Superintendent of Prisons and other officers and employees, and for the care, management, discipline and method of employment of convicts confined in the State penitentiaries… [Wed Aug 17, 1910]
- Enactment of adequate laws defining "bills of lading" and defining the word "carriers"… [Wed Aug 17, 1910]
- Legislation requiring persons, firms, corporations and associations of persons engaged in compressing cotton in this State to so bind and tie all bales of cotton so that no bale of cotton by them compressed, recompressed, baled or rebaled, shall be delivered to any railroad company or other common carrier unless the same is free from "spiders"... [Wed Aug 17, 1910]
- Legislation requiring the erection and maintenance of buildings for the protection from rain, wind and inclement weather of employees engaged in repairing railroad cars and other railroad equipment… [Wed Aug 17, 1910]
- Enact a law repealing the law enacted by the Thirty-first Legislature at its First Called Session, known as Chapter 18, and entitled "An Act providing conditions upon which fire insurance companies shall transact business in this State, and providing for the regulation and control of rates of premium on fire insurance…" [Wed Aug 17, 1910]
- Legislation amending an act entitled "An Act to authorize Galveston County to build and own the combination roadway and bridge from mainland to Galveston Island, across Galveston Bay… [Mon Aug 29, 1910]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.