Special sessions topics
7 special legislative session topics
33rd, 3 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
- Establish "The Bank of Texas" and define the purpose and method of its organization, its rights, privileges, duties and liabilities; the object and purpose of the act being to provide a fiscal agency for the State, its counties, municipal corporations and all districts heretofore or hereafter created… [Tue Sep 22, 1914]
- To consider and act upon such other matters as may be presented by the Governor, pursuant to Section 40, Article 3, of the Constitution of Texas. [Tue Sep 22, 1914]
- Further regulating banks and bank and trust companies incorporated under the laws of Texas … [Wed Sep 30, 1914]
- Prohibiting the operation of a corporation for the dual purpose of owning, controlling or operating a cottonseed oil mill and of owning, controlling and operating a public cotton gin… [Wed Sep 30, 1914]
- Create a Board of Arbitration and Award, to be styled "The Commission of Appeals of Texas'… [Thu Oct 1, 1914]
- Bring about a reduction in the cotton acreage in this State for the year 1915 and to maintain the financial and industrial integrity of the State, and prevent a general demoralization of the cotton market of the State… [Tue Oct 6, 1914]
- Amending Article 6386, of Title 113, of the Revised Civil Statutes of Texas of 1911, relating to the public buildings, grounds and parks, so as to provide for rearrangement of the offices and rooms in the Capitol Building of Texas to enable and empower the Superintendent of Public Buildings and Grounds to supply the departments and officers of the State, created by law, with rooms and office space in which to transact the business entrusted to them. [Thu Oct 15, 1914]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.