Special sessions topics
11 special legislative session topics
68th, 1 C.S.
Topics are based on the text of the Governor's official proclamations and messages.
68th 1st C.S. Proclamations
- Compliance with the requirements of federal law on its brucellosis program and to reconstitute the Board of the Animal Health Commission [Wed Jun 22, 1983]
- Retain Texas Employment Commission or some other agency to administer the Texas Unemployment Compensation Act after the 1st day of September, 1984, when the Commission is scheduled to be terminated by operation of law unless continued in existence by new legislation [Wed Jun 22, 1983]
- Appropriation to Texas Southern University sufficient to provide for the construction of a Health and Physical Education Building and for Phase I of an addition to the Library not to exceed $15 million [Wed Jun 22, 1983]
- Appropriating and paying certain miscellaneous claims and judgments against the state [Fri Jun 24, 1983]
- Requiring persons who operate hotels to install and maintain smoke alarms in sleeping quarters [Fri Jun 24, 1983]
- Appropriating state funds for the operation of the State Ethics Advisory Commission [Fri Jun 24, 1983]
- Amending the state constitution to allow for the advancement of food and fiber production and marketing through research, education and promotion financed by the producers of agricultural products [Fri Jun 24, 1983]
- Including certain farm and ranch laborers under the workers' compensation law [Fri Jun 24, 1983]
- Dealing with the prohibition of certain discriminatory practices and the denial of human rights [Fri Jun 24, 1983]
- Supplemental appropriation for the Court of Appeals, Second Supreme Judicial District of Fort Worth [Sat Jun 25, 1983]
- S.B. 28, which corrects a technical error in the statute reference in Section 14 of H.B. 593 passed during the regular session [Sat Jun 25, 1983]
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.